Times of calls are generally between 8:30-11:00. Volunteers will do their best to call you around the same time each week. It is your responsibility to be available and ready for your call. We are unable to accept orders by fax or e-mail.
Please have your grocery list prepared and be ready to place your order when the volunteer phones. The more information and detail that you provide about the item you want, the better we will be able to fill your requests. Hint: keep item packaging for reference when ordering. Other ordering tips:
- Prepare your list by Department and order in sequence on the form used by volunteers: Canned/Dry, Misc. (non-food), Bakery, Bulk, Produce, Deli, Meat/Seafood, Dairy, Frozen
- How many? The total number of the item you want
- What size? Litres, dozen, 6-pack, ml’s, grams, lb’s, small, medium, large, etc.
- Packaging: Box, carton, jug, can, bulk, etc.
- Brand: What is your preference? If a specific brand is not important, is Best Buy (cheapest) OK?
- Details: Scent free, specific flavor, low sodium, etc.
- Shoppers Choice: If there are assorted flavours, you can ask to have a variety chosen for you
- Flyer items: Identify the page number and price of any item from the flyer
Volunteers handle many customer orders and are not expected to remember specific preferences or “the kind you always get”.
Customers (or persons ordering on their behalf) are responsible to know and understand specific items that meet their dietary or health needs. Thrifty Foods is unable to take responsibility of restricting items from being ordered (e.g. Tylenol, low salt) or monitoring budgets on behalf of customers.