- Line the bottom and sides of an 8” square pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place pitted dates, peanut butter (or almond butter), juice, honey and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until puréed and paste-like.
- Place date mixture in a medium to large bowl. Add 2 cups of the granola bar mix, coconut and cranberries and mix well to combine.
- Spoon granola bar mixture into your prepared pan and very tightly pack it in. Pull the plastic wrap over the granola bar mixture to cover then refrigerate at least four hours to firm up.
- Unwrap the granola bar, lift out of pan and set on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the granola mixture in half. Now cut each half, widthwise, into 6 bars.
- Spread the remaining granola mix on a plate. Lightly coat each bar with a little bit of the mix. Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy. Refrigerated bars will keep up to a month.
Note: Medjool dates are available in our Produce Department. If using almond butter in this recipe and it is overly thick, you may need to add a little more to help these bars hold together.
Recipe options: Instead of cranberries, try another dried fruit in these bars, such as blueberries or cherries.